Marketing Communication Writer, Senior
October 2021 - Present
Anthem., Richmond, Virginia
• Consults with business leaders to identify business objectives.
Recommends communication strategies and implementation approaches.
• Collaborates with creative teams to develop communication solutions.
• Researches, writes, edits, and reviews content for print and digital programs.
• Ensures all materials meet internal and external business and legal standards and
follow corporate standards, guidelines, and approval processes. • Mentors other communication specialists and support staff.
• Created scripting for leadership for the annual Marketing Town Hall
Copy & Content Manager
March 2015 - October 2021
Stauer., Richmond, Virginia
• Create long and short copy in Stauer’s storytelling brand style for multi-channels including direct marketing, print, e-commerce, and videos.
• Generate on average 5 print ads a month that appear in publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian, The Wall Street Journal, and Newsweek.
• Lead new product launches and rebranding initiatives.
• Partner with multiple teams to develop communication and delivery strategies and coordinate efforts company-wide.
• Train and manage copywriter resources.
• Ability to manage a large scope of work with shifting priorities and tight timelines.
• Helping script and launch Stauer’s first national television commercial.
• Coming onboard as a writer and gaining the opportunity within weeks to oversee all copy and content responsibilities.
May 2002 - March 2015
Capital One Financial Corporation., Richmond, Virginia
• Crafted compelling, approachable messaging across print, digital, and experiential channels for multiple lines of business.
• Collaborated with stakeholders and product experts to optimize messaging.
• Ability to follow a creative brief and successfully fulfill business intent.
• Corporate branding and communications.
• Led internal and external branding initiatives.
• Manage contractor resources.
• Multicultural Excellence Award by the Association of National Advertisers for celebrating diversity in a student banking campaign.
• Circle of Excellence Winner: Online Banking Website Team.
• Led a team in creating a successful student checking campaign.
Business Writer at Business.com
• Researched and created content for business-based articles.
to oversee all copy and content responsibilities.
Source Property Accounting: Created a logo and helped brand a wonderful home-based accounting business.
Bachelor's of Science in Journalism. University of Kansas.
Courses in Graphic Design, Photography, Marketing Research, Presenting, Creative Thinking and Mind Mapping, and Digital Media.
Applied Jewelry Professional
GIA (Gemological Institute of America)
Apple MacOS • Office Suite • Adobe Suite • Wordpress
• Content Management Systems
a few interests